- how to mary eldest girl - and on a completely unrelated note...
- anne neville, compared to the anne in richard iii - I believe if you look close enough, you'll find that they are the same historical figure!
- did mary boleyn look like - look like...what?!
- Katherine parr nurse agnes strickland - heheh... yup, they met at the hospital when Agnes came down with the flu!
Friday, December 27, 2013
Saturday, December 21, 2013
The other day I realized I hadn't done a collection of random Tudor facts recently! So, for those of you who've been wanting to see one, here it is!
- Katherine Parr's ancestors during the Wars of the Roses favored the Yorkist cause
- Anne Boleyn had two younger brothers, Thomas and Henry, who died young
- Although Lady Margaret Douglas had a total of 9 children, only two survived into adulthood: Henry (lord Darnley) and Charles. There was a almost 10 year age gap between the two.
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
|Margaret Beaufort, as drawn by me!|
During this time, Margaret stays most in the background and the Yorkists take center stage. But this was exactly the reason why Margaret had married Henry Stafford years earlier, now Edward IV could not marry her off to some Yorkist, who would take her inheritance and lands. With lord Stafford as her husband, Margaret was safe. But with York on the throne, how safe could she be?
Friday, December 6, 2013
|King Henry VI|
Sunday, December 1, 2013
|Empress Matilda, as drawn by me!|