- Jane Grey was queen for 13 days, not 9.
- Through Owen Tudor's mother, Marged ferch Dafedd, the Tudors are cousins of Owain Glyndwr.
- Katherine of Valois and Owen Tudor were born within at max 1 year of each other (1400/1)
- Henry VII had a Welsh governess named Jane ap Hywel who lived on to later care for his son, Henry VIII. [it's possible that she taught Henry Welsh.]
- Katherine of Valois was friends with Edmund Beaufort, duke of Somerset.
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Just some random tidbits about my favourite dynasty you may or may not know!
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
One thing's for sure, it's often something odd leads people to my site... and it sure is entertaining! Let's go check out those rather odd search terms then, shall we?
- how do the french spell henry tudor -- probably the French way I would assume...
- queen of december birthday -- happy birthday then Queen December!
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
So let's take to today to appreciate good 'ol King Harri ap Edmund ap Owain [as he would've been called in Welsh!]
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
|Katherine and Owen|
(credit to Luna Akaisha on DeviantArt)